Are you trying to set time aside before or after work for fat burning exercises? How is that working for you? If that is a problem here is the good news. Weight loss at work is possible!
Do you get home and make dinner only to realize that there is just simply no time left in the day for exercise? If I told you that you could slip extra exercise into your work routine I’m sure you would be interested!
Well here are a few tips you can use in order to burn more fat at work:
1. Leave your car at home! – If you live close enough to work, try walking to work or even cycling. In fact, walking is one of the easiest and healthiest ways of burning fat.
2. Stand more – because standing burns off more fat than sitting, try looking for opportunities to stand rather than sitting.
You can do this by switching your ‘sitting desk’ to a ‘standing desk’, standing while eating your lunch and also walking to other departments in your company instead of messaging or calling them.
3. Have a fitness break! – Instead of hanging out in the lounge with coffee and snacks at the tea/coffee break time, go for a stroll outside or do some stretching.
This also improves your diet by cutting out all the sugar that is usually associated with this break time.
4. Use a fitness ball instead of a chair – this might seem odd but is a great way to burn fat, if you can balance, that is. Also you will be building your core muscles which in turn will help in the fat burning process.
5. Keep hand weights at your desk – Do a couple of arm curls in between meetings. You can even mix it up by keeping other exercise equipment such as stretchy cords that provide resistance when you pull on them.
6. Create a lunchtime walking group – this is great exercise for your lunch break. Get a few work colleagues together and go for a walk!
And on the plus side if you are a very social person you will love this part of your work day while burning fat!
7. Do a couple of ‘walking meetings’ – Instead of meeting or brainstorming at a desk, if it is practical get up and do it on the go.
Besides if it is new ideas you are looking for, then the extra blood flow will definitely help the creativity juices.
8. Get there faster – if you are lucky enough to have a job that involves a lot of walking, then pick up the pace and you will burn more calories.
Well there you go, as long as you aren’t wasting any time at work, these tips will definitely put you on your weight loss journey.
You probably aren’t going to replace all your ‘after hour exercise’ with these tips, but they will definitely make up what you are missing on the odd occasions and can get you past those few extra stubborn pounds.
Please feel free to leave your comments.