This article is going to be a review of my own personal experience with owning a fitness tracker. Based on that, it will also be an attempt to provide insight into how to compare fitness trackers.
What should you look for in a fitness tracker?
That will probably depend on what is your lifestyle, as well as what are your fitness goals. Following are at least a few of the questions you might want to ask yourself:
- Do I go to a gym or exercise at home on a regular basis?
- Do I like to go for walks or jogging as a means of exercise?
- Am I involved in sports on a regular basis?
- Do I like to swim?
- Am I concerned about the amount of sleep I get nightly?
- Do I have a heart condition that I need to keep an eye on?
These are just a few of the many questions that could be asked but some of the ones that will form the basis for the comparisons in this article.
I started my research of fitness trackers when I first wrote about them last July. Then based on my recommendation at that time I decided last August to actually purchase the very fitness tracker that I had recommended,
Since that time I have become completely devoted to and reliant on this little wonder machine.
There are so many different brands and models of fitness trackers on the market today that to decide on what is right for you can be challenge.
Even if you start inexpensive you can always work up later to more expensive ones. Hopefully the following can be of help:
1 What bells and whistles do I need for me?
Referring back to the questions above, that will depend a lot on your lifestyle and goals. For the average adult it will will probably revolve around trying to exercise on a fairly regular basis, be it working around the house, going for walks, exercising on equipment at home or in a gym, or playing some kind of sport on a regular basis
2. Do I need a fitness tracker that is water proof?
Another matter to consider is whether you want to wear your fitness tracker into the shower or during swimming. If you do, it could be an important consideration. If not, it could be handy if you get caught out in a heavy rainstorm or fall out of a boat. LOL
3. What should I consider paying for a good fitness tracker?
This is the point where it all gets really interesting because prices out there vary all over the wall from close to $30 USD all the way up to over $200 USD.
Why I bought the fitness tracker that I did.
After I had spent a considerable amount of time doing all the research of different fitness trackers sold by many different suppliers, I settled on the KUNGIX activity tracker which I now own, for the following reasons:
- It is powered by Fitbit software connected to your cp, which seems, from all I have discovered to be one of, if not, the most widely acclaimed in the business.
- It measures most all of the things that even sometimes the more expensive fitness trackers don’t, including heart rate, and many exercise protocols.
- It is waterproof,in case I should want to take it in swimming with me.
- It is a fraction of the cost compared to most fitness trackers on the market today.
- I found my fitness tracker to be very affordable at Amazon, with good and fast delivery service.
- It charges from any USB port and the charge can last for around a week.
4. Am I happy that I purchased this particular fitness tracker when I did?
You bet I am! I have learned so much about myself, things that I do right regarding my health as well as things I need to improve on. I have had excellent service from it so far, and I feel that I definitely made a good buying decision.
Also, I have noted that in several of the reviewers articles that the fashion conscious and ardent sports people especially talk about having several different fitness trackers they can wear to fit the occasion.
It does seem to make sense to perhaps start with an inexpensive one first and then proceed from there if desired. Even Amazon talks about buying more than one at a time.
IMPORTANT NOTE: After sharing all that I have in this review to promote the fitness tracker that I own, I discovered just today that Amazon is presently out of stock and do not know when they will be getting more.
I did however do some research on my own to help out and found that Amazon does supply one which seems to do all of the things mine will do and maybe two or three things more. You can go straight to it by clicking here.
Mind you, if you go to the link above you can easily research many other fitness trackers which Amazon handles and decide for yourself which one or more would best suit your needs.
Good hunting! You have just enough time left yet before Christmas. What a great and unique Christmas present!
Please feel free to leave comments or observations.